|progress after one week|
Today I've managed to finish my fourth sample of the fragmented brogue. In this sample I reduced the cutting lines to a total of five, making it much more readable. I used a dress shoe last and I payed much more attention to the details, so it refers more to the classical brogue. I think I'm quite satisfied with the lines and the overall shape now. So for my next step I'll focus on the colors, the lining and the outsole.
I decided to do more with my illustrations than just presenting them in frames. So I started making roll outs, to make them usable for screenprinting. They're probably gonna be used for shawls, because with a shawl the illustration remains a drawing. If you for example use it for a t-shirt, I get the feeling the drawing turns into a print (which is a pity). So stay tuned for more updates.
|massive roll out of 1.5metre :D|
Hereby I present my third sample. The main focus of the past few weeks was to get the upper right, or in other words; to get the lines right. I'll give a short evaluation of this sample; The outside part is still very messy, unreadable and doesn't really make sense. But the inside part (picture nr.2 & 4) is what I've been looking for. It's almost like I created a new pattern with the old patterns by connecting them in a new way. The upper edge is also much more exciting now, which goes from high in the back to extremely low to high again at the front. So I'll improve the outside part in my fourth sample, then I think I should be nearly there.